Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mommy's last day at home

Well the time has finally come for me to go back to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at home with my girls and am VERY sad to be headed back to work. I'm especially sad to be going back to work on a Monday. It makes for a very long first week and we'll miss the garbage man :( Our favorite Monday activity was taking Columbo for a walk and then drawing with sidewalk chalk and blowing bubbles while we waited for the garbage man. Oh how we loved to wave at the garbage man!

Alas it is back to work for mommy but we had a fabulous last Friday together. We started with a walk to Erdmans for a special treat.....coffee and a donut. You've gotta love a small town where the old guys drive their tractor to the local grocery store for coffee.


Carly's got her mean eyes and Molly just looks surprised, but don't let them fool you they're having a blast.


We walked to the park and enjoyed the second half of the donut before swinging in all the swings and climbing (one of Carly's favorite past times)


See Molly's even having fun.


After nap time we had lots of fun in the pool and there was even some time for sun bathing.




All in all it was a great way to end a way too short maternity leave!

Ok here are some pictures from the last few weeks.
Carly in her no paparazzi pose.


Enjoying some ice cream at the Kasson Festival in the Park



Jason was very excited to give Carly a ride in the wagon....unfortunately she was not interested. So he tried to entice her by giving Columbo a ride first. Look a those ears blowing in the wind.


Well it worked!


Once again.....I'm not sure who had more fun.


We love our sidewalk chalk.

Chalk outlines aren't always creepy.

I think that duck's trying to get me....


Sister love....with bad hair and demonic eyes??


and finally here is a whole collection of what you get when you try to capture a baby's smile.





Isn't that cute? That's all for now.

2 comments:

greatest gramma said...

I am so sorry that you had to go back to work. I loved the pictures. They make a gramma smile. They are beautiful and growing so much. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so! Seems too soon for you to go back to work. I want to come visit you guys again. Looks like you all have so much fun. Love, Shell