Sunday, January 31, 2010

Betty Crocker, June Cleaver, potty chairs and couch potatoes

Been a couple weeks, been super busy up here lately. Jason is back into the winter long hours at work, so the home schedule has been modified. All are making do, and still finding time to snap a few pictures here and there. Hope you enjoy. Looking forward to spring and seeing you all.

Carly's new pet... the hand mixer.

Carly has been very interested in the idea of "potty" lately. We decided it was time to invest in that next step in parenthood. And by step, I mean that thing that you have to have in the bathroom so you can trip over it at 2 in the morning.... the potty chair!


Carly was so excited she even helped put it together. We can only hope that this enthusiasm will carry through to actually learning what the whole thing is about.



Seems comfy.



Yep, this will do. (Hopefully in the future it will "doo-do"!



As many of you know (and have experienced in your own areas) it's been butt cold this winter in Minnesota. There was one weekend however that the temps made it into the 20s and we decided to see how Carly would like to see the backyard.



She enjoyed it, only lasted about 5-10 minutes though. Once she took her gloves off we had to head in.



She didn't really mind though, as long as we let her wear her snow pants for a little while.



Gram and Baka came up to visit when Gram had a long weekend from school. Since Carly was such a great help with Christmas cookies, Gram went ahead and picked up a little chef hat and apron for her.



So our little Betty Crocker helped make some lunch for Gram. (yummmm.... soup)



What?!... Isn't this how you dress to clean YOUR house? :)



Carly's friend Ryan won a bunch of John Deere toys and such at a Christmas party. These slippers were too small for him, and he wanted Carly to have them. She loves them!



She even wears them for "jam" sessions.



Please... no paparazzi!!!



No comment. Just look and smile.



So I mentioned that Jason is working longer hours. Carly has dutifully taken up the "couch potato" role and wears it pretty well.



That's all for now. Rocky is doing well, Kim reports some noticeable activity in the form of kicks and punches. Our next checkup isn't for a while yet. More later. See ya!!

4 comments:

megan said...

Thanks for the much needed update. The pictures are too cute! I absolutely love the one with her cleaning in the dress. That's definitely June Cleaver. W can't wait to come visit.

Marmo said...

definitely June Cleaver how cute was that.... I bet Uncle ANdrew loves the slippers and when they have a baby you probably will have to pass them down. CUTE!!!!! CUTE!!!! pictures. wonder if Rocky will look like his/her daddy because Carly is a little Kim....
Thanks for sharing the commentary was as cute as the pictures. love you guys

greatestgramma said...

Love the pictures. She is as always, adorable. We miss you all. I cannot believe how much she looks like you on the potty chair. I will have to look. I think I have a similar picture.

Anonymous said...

...she looks like you on the potty chair...ha! I'm loving all the little dresses and skirts! The chef hat and apron are adorable. Miss you guys!!

Love,
Shell