Things have been pretty busy for us up here in Minnesota lately. We've taken a bunch of new pictures and even a couple new videos that I've been meaning to get loaded, but there just never seems to be enough hours in the day. Admittedly, some hours that could have been spent loading pictures and creating a witty post for you to read have been spent watching television instead, but honestly... don't you all agree that sometimes you just need to unwind a little?
Carly is doing well, she has mastered rolling over, as mentioned before, but now has also gotten used to rolling back again. She is getting more and more mobile every day. She scoots herself around on the floor now, so the days of trusting that if you walk away and she'll be in the same place when you come back are quickly disappearing. Who am I kidding, they're pretty much gone. She is very interactive, giggling, squealing, learning to play with her toys, and does well with tracking and even changing hands. She is doing very well at maintaining her balance sitting up. Not perfect, but getting pretty good. She cannot sit up on her own yet, but I imagine that will be before we know it. She also loves to stand and bounce. One of her favorite activities with Kim is "The Lady's Horse." We've moved beyond cereal and have successfully had Peas and Squash. Interesting little tidbit is that the poop now stinks more. I wouldn't say that the story about breastfeeding not producing stink is completely true. I would believe reduced... because we've definitely awakened a new beast. That's enough of that, but just thought I'd share the observation.
Ok... well.... I'm sure I'll disappoint some people here, but to keep up the anticipation of the Thanksgiving trip, I'll not be posting pictures or videos today. You'll just have to wait. We'll be visiting both sides of the family for the big weekend coming up, and well.... it's just nice to have a little surprise in reserve if you know what I mean. For those of you who we don't get to see over the weekend, there will be new pictures and videos of Carly's first Thanksgiving, and maybe even a little bit of helping at the Christmas Tree farm. Take care, all, and we'll see you soon. Two more sleeps! (Three for some of you) :)
Epic Family Vacation
11 hours ago

4 comments:
3 sleeps, 3 sleeps...yeah, I so wish there were pictures, but I guess a blog is enough to tide me over! I can't wait to see you guys...hopefully we'll be bringing a new car to Dixon for you to see!
ok can we get pictures now :)
Tomorrow night.
I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for picture Nicolle. I was just getting on to write the same thing. I guess I'll check later this evening! :)
Post a Comment